How do I get my money released from hold? It was charitable donations, not goods or services

SwampKelpie
New Community Member

How do I get my money released from hold? It was charitable donations, not goods or services

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SwampKelpie 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card). (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SwampKelpie 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee if funded from a bank account or balance (a fee if you use a card). (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

EWT_Daniel
Contributor
Contributor

The replies so far have been completely unhelpful. They only state why the money was put on HOLD, not how to get the money released.

PAYPAY, please answer the question.

Thank you

d

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EWT_Daniel 

Maybe start your own thread and politely ask someone to give up their time to assist you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.