How do I check my PayPal balance?

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hello. I do not have a Bank Account linked whatsoever to my PayPal account. However, I am wanting to see how much money I have stored in my PayPal account, but when I go to my Wallet it requires me to link a bank account or credit card. And going to Activity doesn't help. 

I heard from many sites that PayPal allows you to recieve (via email requests if a credit card isn't linked) and send money without a Bank Account registered, but how do I check my balance?

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Then you might not even have funds in your PayPal account, if you don't see an Amount right when you log on. 

paypal-summary-5c2aa05cc9e77c0001e202ae

You only have a balance showing when someone has sent you money. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

You can see your PayPal balance (how much you have in your account) right when you log on, in the PayPal Balance box on the Summary page, but there are recent changes to how personal accounts work:

recent user agreement and policy changes to personal accounts

When you use your PayPal account, your transactions show up in the Recent Activity section of the summary page and in the Activity page without a running Balance column. It just plainly lists payments received and payments made. 

For more detail: You'll have to create and download a report:

(Monthly)

Activity > Statements > Standard 

(Raw data with running balance or balance affecting)

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Login to Me Too

WhyOhWhy1
Contributor
Contributor
Why did you remove the all activity with running balance? Why do we have to generate a report and try to decipher it’s hieroglyphics? This hasn’t been ok for years yet you do nothing about it!!!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhyOhWhy1 

No idea, things change; site/interface redesigned. Streamlining information, if you want the info, you can download it. Or look at the statement pdf's.

Login to Me Too

Xamsenuur
New Community Member

kiemtienonline2
New Community Member
My name is tinh .im from viet nam ,ha noi city .i like paypal balance .very good .thank you.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am in my summary page, and I only see "Link a Debit Card" and "Confirm your Mobile Phone" as well as Recent Activity. But I do not see anything about Balance.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Then you might not even have funds in your PayPal account, if you don't see an Amount right when you log on. 

paypal-summary-5c2aa05cc9e77c0001e202ae

You only have a balance showing when someone has sent you money. 

Login to Me Too

krughar1
Contributor
Contributor
I seller has refunded me to pay pal balance but nothing coming up she saying she has proof I pay with debit card
Login to Me Too

Kaludiab
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.