How did they get my new credit card number??

Steve999999
Contributor
Contributor

My old credit card expired and the company issued me a new one, but I did not tell Paypal about this transaction.  I've not communicated at all with Paypal.  How did they get this new number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve999999 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#linking-funding

Link or Unlink a Payment Method

You can link or unlink a credit card, debit card, a U.S. bank account or PayPal Credit to your PayPal account as a payment method. You can also link a Cash Account to your personal PayPal account as a payment method and unlink the Cash Account by withdrawing all funds and closing it. Please keep your payment method information current (e.g. credit card number and expiration date). If this information changes, we may update it using information and third party sources available to us without any action on your part. If you do not want us to update your card information, you may remove your payment method from your PayPal account. If we update your payment method, we will keep any preference setting attached to such payment method. You may choose to confirm your card, so that we can verify that the card is valid and that you are the card owner. To do this, we will charge $1.95 to the card. After the card is confirmed, we will immediately refund this amount to the card.

Hmmm, I recall they used to have you contact them to request they not update card info but now they tell you to get it out of here if you don't want it automatically updated. lol Alrighty then.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steve999999 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#linking-funding

Link or Unlink a Payment Method

You can link or unlink a credit card, debit card, a U.S. bank account or PayPal Credit to your PayPal account as a payment method. You can also link a Cash Account to your personal PayPal account as a payment method and unlink the Cash Account by withdrawing all funds and closing it. Please keep your payment method information current (e.g. credit card number and expiration date). If this information changes, we may update it using information and third party sources available to us without any action on your part. If you do not want us to update your card information, you may remove your payment method from your PayPal account. If we update your payment method, we will keep any preference setting attached to such payment method. You may choose to confirm your card, so that we can verify that the card is valid and that you are the card owner. To do this, we will charge $1.95 to the card. After the card is confirmed, we will immediately refund this amount to the card.

Hmmm, I recall they used to have you contact them to request they not update card info but now they tell you to get it out of here if you don't want it automatically updated. lol Alrighty then.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.