How can the buyer confirm receipt of receiving goods?

Temp20230525D
New Community Member

I've sold some items on Facebook and have been paid into my PayPal account. The funds are on hold until the items are received - they have been received, but there's no way for my buyer to confirm this so my funds can be released. How can a buyer confirm receipt of goods? 

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Nameless591
I have the same thing going on right now, paypal sent them multiple emails and they claim to not gotten them and claim they dont know how to do it...did u ever find a solution?
Login to Me Too

DraughtGnome
Contributor
Contributor

hello my problem was that i provided tracking number on czech website where you probably couldnt check the status instead of the GLS one, its been 3 days since package was received, ive noticed this today, and even tho i updated the tracking buyer still cant see the confirm button anywhere

Login to Me Too

4Robinsheart
Contributor
Contributor
I met the seller in person. No shipping info needed. How do I get the buyer to confirm?
Login to Me Too

DraughtGnome
Contributor
Contributor

why didnt you just make him pay you when you met him lol ???

Login to Me Too

4Robinsheart
Contributor
Contributor
He did via PayPal. Lol....
Login to Me Too

Doodah18
Contributor
Contributor
Hey I am having the same problem met buyer in person but for claim sake paid via PayPal through invoice but they Do Not have a paypal account she tried to call customer service but can’t get through doesn’t even give you option to speak with customer service did you ever get your problem resolved ?
Login to Me Too

osmana
Contributor
Contributor

Once the buyer clicks CONFIRM receipt, does this mean the buyer cannot ask for a refund later?

Login to Me Too

MarieWhelan25
Contributor
Contributor
I also have this issue of withheld funds - a landlord has refunded me my deposit through PayPal using a debit card, and are saying there’s no email to confirm/verify. I don’t mind waiting 21 days if it’s certain to enter my account at that point, let me know if this worked out for anyone else!
Login to Me Too

Faithgay
Same here, my sister used paypal as remittance for me. But she cant find any confirm button on her end. Do i have to wait for 21 days for release? And if i do, will our second transfer still be on hold?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, the option to confirm receipt of an item appears 48 hours after the transaction. Here's how to confirm that you have received an item:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Activity.
  3. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  4. Click Confirm Receipt.
  5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Please note that this must be completed on a computer, rather than the mobile app. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.