How can the buyer confirm receipt of receiving goods?

Temp20230525D
New Community Member

I've sold some items on Facebook and have been paid into my PayPal account. The funds are on hold until the items are received - they have been received, but there's no way for my buyer to confirm this so my funds can be released. How can a buyer confirm receipt of goods? 

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Natas16
New Community Member
Same goes for me. It was for a service and not for any goods or item. Will the buyer see any "Confirm receipt" button or should the buyer still has to confirm he received the service in the transaction?
Login to Me Too

Miracle_
Contributor
Contributor
Me too I have the same situation now my client paid me through invoice I'm from the Philippines and our company is from hongkong the company only paid us thru invoice and I'm new here in PayPal. I can't release my money because PayPal put it on hold I sent all the details to my boss and add the tracking info's but they can confirm it my boss told me that there is no confirm button how will I release my money now and how long will it takes my money to get release with the action i did.
Login to Me Too

Gann30
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, has this been resolved? same situation on mine.
Login to Me Too

worthlessplatfo
Contributor
Contributor
You'll get it when they want to give it to you. Drop PayPal as soon as you can. It is by far the worst platform in existence to sell anything on and their customer service is a total disservice to customer service.
Login to Me Too

Nerilen
Omg I’ve already noticed that too. Also they charge you for the transfer as well and a lot. It’s absolutely ridiculous that they feel that they can keep your money. Oh I so wish I knew that before! Never ever again will I use PayPal for payments of any kind of sales or anything for that matter I’m so so disappointed
Login to Me Too

21Kurt
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to resolve the problem? if so, how? I'm also from the Philippines.

Login to Me Too

Littlenothin
New Community Member
Hey, I’m having the same issue, I bought some digital art from an artist who sent me an invoice and I did as you said to do by clicking on activity and going to the original purchase but there is still no confirmation button.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

Did you later get the money, and if you did how long did it take after your roommate confirmed

Login to Me Too

soross63
Contributor
Contributor

I own a pressure washing company.  The customer paid me after the job was complete.  Now my funds are on hold for 28 days??????  How will he confirm payment when there is no tracking information?

Login to Me Too

MC011
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry, I'm not really replying, I'm wondering about this same scenario only buyer didn't use PayPal. How do you get your funds then? I sold items to the same person, put in tracking info and as soon as she received the items I had my money out of the hold. This time though I haven't got the money and her items have been received. What to do then?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.