How can the buyer confirm receipt of receiving goods?

Temp20230525D
New Community Member

I've sold some items on Facebook and have been paid into my PayPal account. The funds are on hold until the items are received - they have been received, but there's no way for my buyer to confirm this so my funds can be released. How can a buyer confirm receipt of goods? 

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

dwsoft

i want to know why my money are holded?, receive payments every day, i know this holds are when i dont received payments for a month, i think i have a bug on my account because every month from 2-8 my all payments are HOLDED. what is happened?

Login to Me Too

thefanpageguys
New Community Member

Hello there! I read your reply and have a question. I accidentally made an invoice for physical products but the sale was digital. 

Now the funds are on hold. 

I see you mentioned there should be a button in the account the buyer can go to claim that package has arrived, but that button is not there yet. 

The transaction was just today, so naturally if it was mailed, no way it arrives today.

Do you know if the tracking code is the only way now or if this button still exists? 

I cant track it because theres no real package and I dont want to have my money tied up for 21 days if possible.

Please help.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

manhphunguyen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. Can not see any button "Shipment received" and while the money has deducted from my bank acc, the money still hold for the sellr. Can you guide me how to add tracking on the shipment? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Temp20230128c
New Community Member
You mark it shipped as the seller and after some time in the buyers transaction details they can comform received but its a dely forsure
Login to Me Too

TheTeddy4
New Community Member

How long's the delay for inbetween them? sold online service, and now my money is on hold.

Login to Me Too

Gubbs78
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone figure out delay time? I still haven’t gotten anything and buyer still can’t confirm
Login to Me Too

jrenergy3
New Community Member

Hi,

Delay time for a seller with a new account is 21 days to receive the money, unless you mark it 'Ok to ship' and the buyer confirms on their end.

If this is not possible in their country, you have to wait 21 days and the hold will be automatically released.

Why? I don't know. Protection from scammers. But why 21 days? Just is.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

bcipstev
Contributor
Contributor

what if the buyer paid me through his credit card without signing in to the paypal? Will paypal send an email to him to update confirm receipt after i update the tracking information?

Login to Me Too

Hello! I have exactly the same problem. Customer bought an item with a credit card and claimed that they do not know how to Confirm Receipt, and did not receive any email from Paypal about instructions of how to Confirm Receipt in the case they do not have a Paypal account. Anyone who can help please?

Login to Me Too

Temp20231024am
Contributor
Contributor

@muahoathachthao  if the person doesn't have a paypal I think you're going to have to wait the whole 21days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.