How can I see if the paypal balance for my deceased wife I found is still available?

Austin73
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all. So my wife passed away 09/2014 at a young age. I was thumbing through som old pics and came across a scrapbook my wife's coworkers gave her on her last birthday approximately 3 months before she died. It was a thoughtful collage of get well cards but in the back of the scrapbook on the inside portion of the hard back cover was a tiny envelope. Inside I pulled out a receipt for a deposite to PayPal in the amount of 2740.00. My wife was a sales rep on the vet side of medicin and she had many friends so if everyone only pitched in five bucks this would make sense. There was a small note with the PayPal receipt that sat enjoy and love us!! When my wife received this scrapbook and gift I'm afraid to say her mind wasn't as complete as normal due to the end process of cancer and multiple multiple brain tumors(37 I think), so sadly she forgot it was there. One of the coworkers whom I still talk to said to have my wife's son and myself enjoy the money. This coworker gave my the email to her PayPal account and I went through all the proper channels getting into her old account and there was no money to be found in her account balance. I've also come to find out my wife had multiple PayPal accounts and many many emails. Has anyone been through this or know how I can see if this money exist because it is a lot of money and Christmas is around the corner. Thank you in advance for all suggestions. Chris bernhardt 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Austin73

She should only have 2 paypal accounts as you are not allowed more than 2 so i suggest you give customer services a call if you know the other email address.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.