How can I pay this check into my PayPal account?

MichaelStreeter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I use my PayPal for business account (UK) for my business and so far, all transactions have been electronic and so they're OK.

I got a tax refund from HM Revenue and Customs and they have sent me a printed paper cheque! It's crossed "Account Payee Only" (cannot be paid into an account with a different name) and made out to the name of my company... so I want to pay it in to my PayPal account.

Searching on-line I found something about taking a photo of the cheque and using the app to get it done.  I've downloaded the app (android) but I'm stuck and can only add money from my linked bank account. No option to upload a photo.  Can anybody suggest how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MichaelStreeter
Contributor
Contributor

From Twitter...

Please email me at ...@... My PayPal for Business company is "[company name]" (paypal.co.uk). My experience has been poor. 🙁
Yesterday, 8:35 PM

PayPal For Business
Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Twitter page. On a personal level, may I first say I'm sorry if your experiences in dealing with us to date haven’t been satisfactory. Could you please elaborate your question so that I can help you with that? The more information that I have, the better! I appreciate your patience in this matter. ^CG^

Yesterday, 9:20 PM

Hi. I have been using PayPal for Business for years 100% OK and happy with it. BUT then the UK tax office (HMRC) told me I had overpaid my corporation tax by several hundred pounds and sent me a cheque, crossed account payee only to "[company name]". I can't pay it in to my PayPal for Business account! What can I do?

Yesterday, 10:52 PM

PayPal For Business
Thank you for providing more information. I am extremely sorry you do not have an option to add money using Check, you can add money using a bank account. I hope this helps. If you still have any issues, feel free to reach out to us. Thanks. ^CG^
Yesterday, 11:12 PM

PayPal For Business
I see that you have shared screenshots containing sensitive financial information. Please delete them right away as I do not recommend you keep them online due to security concerns. ^CG^
Yesterday, 11:16 PM

I'm going to Natwest tomorrow lunch time to complete the paperwork. I will not use PayPal moving forwards because I have discovered it can't meet my most basic requirement. Should have done it ages ago. Any business can find themselves in this position.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Thearlaich1965
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know this as well and can't find any current information. Sorry to add something that isn't helpful but I needed to be notified on this too.

Login to Me Too

MichaelStreeter
Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick update - so far I have not found a solution via PayPal, and so I have been forced to set up a business bank account with a high street bank simply to cash this cheque. I'm hoping to get the extra paperwork Nat West need submitted to them by Friday.

Login to Me Too

Thearlaich1965
Contributor
Contributor

I think Paypal doesn't take checks anymore. Sure makes it hard to handle a balance transfer when the check is made out to them and me. I wonder if this is deliberate.

Login to Me Too

MichaelStreeter
Contributor
Contributor

If they deliberately have no mechanism for accepting cheques, then PayPal for Business is unusable. This can happen to ANY business. I hate cheques too - I'd happily pay a £10 fee per cheque in order to discourage small change, but this cheque is for several hundred pounds. I should have set up the proper business account ages ago.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MichaelStreeter
Contributor
Contributor

From Twitter...

Please email me at ...@... My PayPal for Business company is "[company name]" (paypal.co.uk). My experience has been poor. 🙁
Yesterday, 8:35 PM

PayPal For Business
Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Twitter page. On a personal level, may I first say I'm sorry if your experiences in dealing with us to date haven’t been satisfactory. Could you please elaborate your question so that I can help you with that? The more information that I have, the better! I appreciate your patience in this matter. ^CG^

Yesterday, 9:20 PM

Hi. I have been using PayPal for Business for years 100% OK and happy with it. BUT then the UK tax office (HMRC) told me I had overpaid my corporation tax by several hundred pounds and sent me a cheque, crossed account payee only to "[company name]". I can't pay it in to my PayPal for Business account! What can I do?

Yesterday, 10:52 PM

PayPal For Business
Thank you for providing more information. I am extremely sorry you do not have an option to add money using Check, you can add money using a bank account. I hope this helps. If you still have any issues, feel free to reach out to us. Thanks. ^CG^
Yesterday, 11:12 PM

PayPal For Business
I see that you have shared screenshots containing sensitive financial information. Please delete them right away as I do not recommend you keep them online due to security concerns. ^CG^
Yesterday, 11:16 PM

I'm going to Natwest tomorrow lunch time to complete the paperwork. I will not use PayPal moving forwards because I have discovered it can't meet my most basic requirement. Should have done it ages ago. Any business can find themselves in this position.

Login to Me Too

Thearlaich1965
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Michael.

I have a check made out to myself and PayPal. I can't cash it at my bank PayPal won't accept it. I'm left with one thought, that PayPal won't accept checks so that people will find it much harder to do a balance transfer. This keeps us beholden to PayPal and paying the high interest rate that we are trying to get out of. This is probably not illegal but I wish it was because it is deceitful. This company is way too greedy and I may be closing my account soon. I hope to find a way to pay off the balance with this horrible company.

Thank you so much for the posts.

Login to Me Too

Simes722
New Community Member

This says SOLVED. It is not solved, going to the bank is not always an option. My bank is 6000 miles away and I need to pay in a check/cheque now. I saw something for ios users but I am using Android.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.