Holds

mayhem719
New Community Member
So I get why the holds are utilized. But what I don't get is that if my buyer doesn't go to her paypal account and confirm delivery or confirm receipt, then I'm stuck not getting paid until the 21 day time frame. This isnt just an inconvenience it's a bit on the unfair side. This is my business and I'm required to hold up my end or there are consequences and repercussions but here I sit waiting for the money that I should've already had being the delivery is complete. I've contacted my buyer a multitude of times and step by step detailed how to and why to confirm receipt even using illustrations. And she is still not getting it, not finding it and not doing it! What do I do now? And how is it good business practice that I'm stuck waiting the full 21 day period when the delivery has been completed for more than a week now?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mayhem719 

Funds are released when tracking shows delivery of the item + 1 day.

If you do not send trackable then you can mark it shipped or processed and the buyer ''may'' get the option to confirm receipt.

But this is normally reserved for digital items or services and the option to confirm receipt is not guaranteed to be offered or guaranteed to get early release of funds. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.