Holds

Anonymous16
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a book through the app Depop on the 25th of March to the buyer. I shipped the order on the day of the transaction and updated the status to sent. The payment was put on pending. By the 30th of March I still had not received payment so I messaged an PayPal agent who said my money would be released at the lastest on the 6th of April yet I still haven’t received the payment. The buyer received the book within 5 days which you can email her for proof she has received it. I would like PayPal to release my payment please as it has now been 13 days so nearly 2 weeks which is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous16 

New seller hold funds are normally released when tracking shows delivery of the item to the buyer + 1 day OR if you did not send with tracking and so can't supply a tracking number then its 21 days.

You can mark it as sent and that may open up the option for the buyer to mark it as received but thats normally for a 'service' and not a tangible item and its not guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous16 

New seller hold funds are normally released when tracking shows delivery of the item to the buyer + 1 day OR if you did not send with tracking and so can't supply a tracking number then its 21 days.

You can mark it as sent and that may open up the option for the buyer to mark it as received but thats normally for a 'service' and not a tangible item and its not guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.