Holding money?

Wybeewolf
Contributor
Contributor
What’s the deal with PayPal holding money? I’m in desperate need of money but can’t even pay for the shipping because my funds are being held. I can’t ship till I get the money and I can’t get the money till I ship wtf? Sorry but how am I supposed to complete any transactions like this
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wybeewolf 

The idea is ensure customers get their goods and cover risk and if you're going to get In to the selling game its best to have some running capital to run your business, not do things payment by payment. And you don't even need that much, a couple hundred pounds in the balance to keep things running, that is if you're running a business. You have no choice but to front the shipping costs.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Wybeewolf
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not a business? I’ve been using PayPal for years and never had this problem until recently I’ve always had 5 star reviews. I’m not selling business items like a shop I make one off sales as I don’t have much money. I use sites like Depop or Instagram and people pay through PayPal. But I don’t see how I’m supposed to send if I can’t access any funds
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.