Hold on Funds and unreasonable questions being asked that don't pertain to me

zumachris
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a 20 year PayPal account holder. I use it primarily for ebay sales and occasional purchases. I have about 60 transactions over 20 years. I sell surplus items I have myself. Things I purchased or acquired and no longer desire to keep. For instance, I sold a Kenwood portable radio for about $140.00 most recently. The buyer in AL sent the money to PayPal. I shipped the item last Monday and he received it on Wed. PayPal put a hold on the money but said if I provided the tracking number I would get the money in one day. So I did. Then they said sorry we changed our minds we are holding the money for 21 days anyway due to changes in your business profile, items sold or changes in price. Well none of these apply to me. No changes in what I sell. No changes in prices. Just excuses. After I called PayPal and complained they released the funds. SO I made a transfer request to my bank. Today, just a day later they said they are holding my money unless I provide additional information. The things they want time to provide mostly don't apply to me. They want my photo ID. Who knows what for. I am not going to be appearing anywhere to compare my photo to a face. They already have confirmed my bank account. They want to know what type of products I sell. Again. I am not a store selling volume. I only sell a few things per year. I don't have a supplier. I buy things new and after several years decide to sell on eBay. The average age of my used items is 10 years but sometimes I have a small item that is newer but never used. I don't have a supplier as they asked for one and they want invoices for my purchases. The only problem is I don't have any because they are things I purchased or traded for years ago. A few may have come from the swap meet. Again. I sell or buy an average of 3 items per year. I have no plans to sell much more than that. However, due to recent issues and problems in getting my money, I plan on giving up on PayPal and starting a negative campaign against the company for bad business ethics. I have no desire to work with a corrupt company that is dishonest. Once I receive my money from my most recent sale I will close my PayPal account. I have already told eBay by phone of the problems and said I will have to make other payment arrangements if I ever decide to sell anything again on eBay. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.