Higher than usual risk

stptquiltnut
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a customer and invoice which they paid and I received this message back:

We’ve placed the money on hold because we believe this transaction may involve a higher than usual risk. The money has been added to your on hold balance. There's no need for you to do anything and as long as no claims are raised by the buyer, the funds will be automatically released in 14 days.

Am I supposed to hold the merchandise for 14 days to see if the money goes through?  (I'm new at this.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lokabrenna13
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I sent the item just a few hours after the order was placed, and updated the tracking information within a few minutes of having shipped it. There were no problems with the buyer's payment, either, as far as I know. I contacted PayPal support and we basically kept going in circles for an hour before I finally gave up.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lokabrenna13
Contributor
Contributor

That happened to me, too. I sold the exact same type of item that all of my previous sales were. I contacted a rep on the chat function and went in circles for an hour with no solution.

Login to Me Too

stptquiltnut
Contributor
Contributor

Did you send the item to the customer right away?  Was there a problem with the payment?

Thanks for sharing your experience.  🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

lokabrenna13
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I sent the item just a few hours after the order was placed, and updated the tracking information within a few minutes of having shipped it. There were no problems with the buyer's payment, either, as far as I know. I contacted PayPal support and we basically kept going in circles for an hour before I finally gave up.

Login to Me Too

stptquiltnut
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!!

Login to Me Too

lokabrenna13
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome! PayPal support has a few options for contact, like a live chat and phone calls. I've only done the live chat so far and haven't really had success with it, so I myself might try a phone call instead.

Login to Me Too

Ellenon
Contributor
Contributor
I have made withdrawal today from my paypal balance to ky band card and its sat the higher than usual risk transaction . And is only 54 $ . I have made higher withdrawals and everything come fine . Is anyone here to help me . The transaction is been pendig . And i dont know for what reason . Is anyone here to help me please ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.