Hi

Basilshama123
New Community Member
I cant link my card its say all time “ This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.” Why and how to fix this problem
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Basilshama123 

Does the billing address of the card match your paypal account address?

Also is it a card issued in your country>

Is it a card paypal accept in your countries paypal account?

Also...

If you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but it was declined and you received an error message, it may be because:

- Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third.

- You entered an incorrect billing address. 
What to do: Check your card statement to ensure you're entering the correct address.

- A card can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
What to do: If your card is added to another PayPal account, remove it and then add it to your new one.

- You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. 
What to doCall us. We can help you finish linking your card.

- Your card company did not accept the $1 temporary authorisation charge sent by PayPal when you tried to add the card. 
What to do: Call your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorisation from PayPal. After they resolve the issue, try adding your card again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.