Hi people. May I set the CLABE and name of another person's debit card to send my money to ?

musicaester
New Community Member

Since Sept 25th, pay pal send some money to an old debit card with is cancelled and ask me for a new bank account, so my wife has a debit card wich I support and my question is as PayPal ask me for CLABE and name, can I use this card CLABE and the corresponding  name ( with is not mine) in order to send the money to this account ? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@musicaester 

First, in Mexico, you can only withdraw to a linked local bank account. No card withdraw.

Second, you should only add cards/bank account that is under your name to your PayPal account.

Third, if a refund can not go back on a debit card, it will go back to your PayPal balance. Is the money in your PayPal balance? If it is, do you have a bank account linked or can link to your PayPal account that you can withdraw to that is under your name?

Maybe your wife can open a PayPal account and link her bank account to it and you send the money to her PayPal account to withdraw to her bank account if you do not have a bank account under your name.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.