Helping a friend in France

dorth25
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent via paypall 2500 dollars to my friend in France who has a new paypal account. The money was received into his account but he is telling me that paypal will not release it to him because he is a new user with no record of history. I can't get in touch with a real person from paypal and neither can he. Has anyone had this problem before and can you tell me a way to actually talk to a live person from Paypal?

Dave

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dorth25 

Its down to how you sent the payment .....

1. If you sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see them as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If you had sent using the send money > family / friends option then they would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dorth25 

Its down to how you sent the payment .....

1. If you sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see them as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If you had sent using the send money > family / friends option then they would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

elmergalsim
Contributor
Contributor

how can I get my Paypal account back if I don't have my number I can no longer use.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@elmergalsim 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.