Help!

Kate941
New Community Member

Hi, I have received an email today from ARC debt collection. I have an outstanding payment with paypal worth £64.01 which I have the funds to pay, I didn’t realize that I had outstanding funds with PayPal however I have now been contacted by an outside agency. I just wondered if this had happened to anyone else and whether I pay ARC or paypal direct? I’m worried in case it is not legitimate or it is a scam!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kate941 

It could very well be fake. I presume you are able to log in to your PayPal account(s) and use it fine with no notifications or alerts of a negative balance? It is my understanding that when one is in collections with PayPal, one will be blocked from using the PayPal account and will be directed to the debt collectors when calling about one's account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kate941
New Community Member
Yeah, I have full access to the account, obviously can’t use it at the moment because it’s in the negative. I have tried to log into the ARC website by following the instructions and it doesn’t appear to be letting me log in. I will have to phone Paypal to confirm as I don’t want to pay through ARC if it is a scam. Thanks for your help, 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.