Help!

Brittpalmire
Contributor
Contributor

I paid an invoice two days ago, and the seller cancelled it immediately because she dusht want to accept an echeck. However, the $50 was taken out of my account today even though it was cancelled (and it shows cancelled on my activity) When will I get my money back??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brittpalmire

A seller can cancel a transaction and issue a refund BUT you can't cancel an already processing payment. That payment starts to process the instant you click to pay for an item so when you cancel that payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brittpalmire
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so they will give me the money back eventually? It was a pending charge, but now it’s showing as a charge that completely went through. I just don’t want to lose my $50 lol
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.