Help

Katy20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have received some funds via paypal; which paypal has pended and will release after i send proof of item mailed. Before , i mail item which is quite valuable, i need to know can the sender recall funds or fraud me in any way ; as the item is quite valuable. I am just not sure of these things as i am a new paypal user and frauds and scams are high in my country. I received e mails and these look legit as i googled what the e mails should look like from Paypal. I just need to ensure that the funds are at paypal and they will release the funds once i send them proof of shipment. Thanks, for your help. Katy

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katy20

ARE THE FUNDS ACTUALLY SHOWING IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE? IF NOT THEN ITS THE BELOW SCAM.

This is a typical scam ..................

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

YOU NEED TO READ UP ON HOW PAYPAL WORKS AND THEIR SELLER PROTECTION POLICY SO YOU CAN RISK ASSESS YOUR TRANSACTIONS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katy20

ARE THE FUNDS ACTUALLY SHOWING IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE? IF NOT THEN ITS THE BELOW SCAM.

This is a typical scam ..................

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also 'sometimes' threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

YOU NEED TO READ UP ON HOW PAYPAL WORKS AND THEIR SELLER PROTECTION POLICY SO YOU CAN RISK ASSESS YOUR TRANSACTIONS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Katy20
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, so much , for your reply. This is exactly the e mail , i received. The e mail went into Spam. I googled Paypal accounts and it said I must check Funds under activity: which i did. It showed no funds. My intuition just told me double check. I have delayed shipping the package;which is a 18ct gold ring witg diamonds. I may be a lil desperate for money but I am not stupid. Thanks, for all your help. I so appreciate. Have a Blessed day. Katy9
Login to Me Too

Katy20
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, so much , for your reply. This is exactly the e mail , i received. The e mail went into Spam. I googled Paypal accounts and it said I must check Funds under activity: which i did, It showed no funds. My intuition just told me double check., I have delayed shipping the package;which is a 18ct gold ring witg diamonds, I may be a lil desperate for money but I am not stupid. Thanks, for all your help. I so appreciate. Have a Blessed day. Katy9
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.