Help with an undesired transaction

israperezchavez
New Community Member

Hello, today it was my first use of Paypal. I was looking for an electric scooter and I was on the purchase page of one company. I was in one of the final steps of the purchase. I didn´t confirm the payment and decided to not buy the scooter. I left my computer and a few hours later I received an income of 157 euros in my bank account. I am a student and I would really like to cancel the payment because I need that money and I´m afraid of losing it. There is no way for me to cancel me and it terribly annoys me because the purchase was done only a couple hours ago.

Thank you very much in advance,

Israel

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@israperezchavez 

Contact the seller/merchant and request cancellation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

israperezchavez
New Community Member

I have already done that, is there possibility that I lost my money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@israperezchavez 

Well if you don't get the item or it arrives mis-described you can open a paypal dispute. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

israperezchavez
New Community Member

Yes, but I mean, and sorry for the many messages, I´m new in this. If I don´t get the item and I start a dispute, is there still any possibility of me losing the money?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thanks @kernowlass for getting the ball rolling on this one! We appreciate all your expertise you lend to our users.

Hello @israperezchavez,

Welcome to our Community Forums! If you do not receive the item, you can file a dispute and escalate it to a claim. Once you escalate it to a claim, PayPal will take it from there. In short, if you do not receive your item, you will receive your money back. You can read a bit more about that process here: I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute?

Hope that clears everything up. Best of luck with your transaction!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.