Help with account name (name does not exactly match) for withdrawal to bank account

faithrov
Contributor
Contributor

I did not include my second name during sign up on Paypal last 2014. Now I want to withdraw my balance to my bank account, but I am worrying that the names doesnt match because I have my complete name on the bank account including the second name & middle initial. I do not want to be charged for the return fee. There is no option to edit my name, there is only option for change of legal name, mispelling. No option for adding second name or complete name. Pls help me! What do I do?

(FirstName SecondName MiddleInitial LastName)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faithrov

Sadly you may well get problems withdrawing funds, you are supposed to open a paypal account with your legal name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

faithrov
Contributor
Contributor

I did not know they are that strict because I was just trying out paypal before, it wasnt until now when I started using it. What should I do? Any advice? I already emailed paypal about this, if they won’t solve my problem, I will just make a new account and send the funds there. And close my current account. Do u think it’s okay

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faithrov

If you can do that then that would be the best idea.

Open a new account > make sure its verified > send the funds to it using the friends / family option if thats available in your country.

Then remove any financial info / cancel any subscriptions and anything else before you close the old account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.