Help please URGENT ! I don't understand how PayPal refunds work.

PaulG95
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I have a big problem regarding my money and a refund from two products i bought. I bought two items from Ebay and the seller specified that he only accepts PayPal transactions. So i registered entered a valid credit card and payed the products. Nothing wrong so far. After some legal problems with the product I was forced to ask for a cancellation of my order and a full refund, being covered by the Ebay Money Back Guaranteed. And I received it but here comes the problem. I paid through PayPal using my ING account and the money was debited from there, but when i got the refund I didn't get it back in my ING account but in my PayPal one and that wouldn't be a problem if my PayPal balance wouldn't show me 1,66 $ when it should be around  250 $.

Please help! I am really confused and i have a hole in my pocket for 250$. Does anyone know what happened ?ddd.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi PaulG95,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that this refund issue has been frustrating for you but I'm glad that sharpiemaker has taken the time to assist you. 

I think it is important to note that while refunds to cards can take up to 30 days to process with your financial institution, they are often received in 3 - 5 business days and that you should be able to check your statement for updates. 

I hope this comes as good news to you and I thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulG95 wrote:

Hello I have a big problem regarding my money and a refund from two products i bought. I bought two items from Ebay and the seller specified that he only accepts PayPal transactions. So i registered entered a valid credit card and payed the products. Nothing wrong so far. After some legal problems with the product I was forced to ask for a cancellation of my order and a full refund, being covered by the Ebay Money Back Guaranteed. And I received it but here comes the problem. I paid through PayPal using my ING account and the money was debited from there, but when i got the refund I didn't get it back in my ING account but in my PayPal one and that wouldn't be a problem if my PayPal balance wouldn't show me 1,66 $ when it should be around  250 $.

Please help! I am really confused and i have a hole in my pocket for 250$. Does anyone know what happened ?

What does the original transaction say? It should have a related refund transaction(s). If paid by bank, funds go back to PayPal Balance within 3-5 days. If paid by card, refund goes back to card within 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PaulG95
Contributor
Contributor

It says that it's refunded to my card, and i should be expecting to write PayPal on my card statement. So from what you're telling me I should expect the refund to my bank account within 30 days. Whew.. that's a lot, But thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it very much !

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi PaulG95,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that this refund issue has been frustrating for you but I'm glad that sharpiemaker has taken the time to assist you. 

I think it is important to note that while refunds to cards can take up to 30 days to process with your financial institution, they are often received in 3 - 5 business days and that you should be able to check your statement for updates. 

I hope this comes as good news to you and I thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.