Help needed for payment in Hold.

yash_das_sharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have just opened a new paypal account and I have charged a company an invoice for writing content digitally. However, the money he sent me for the content is on hold with paypal. It says I need to give tracking information, if its digital service how can I give tracking information since its not tangible. The error shows "you have successfully updated order information. You’ll get your money within 7 days of verification". I have also selected the option that it is a digital service and also put order processed as directed in the mail i got. 

Please help me in this regard as this is my only and few source of income. If this money can be released it will be better. My customer or client can vouch for me as I have already provided this service and have updated the information. What can I do to solve this ?  As i am new I am a but nervous. payment holds or pending 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yash_das_sharma 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for an intangible item then no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yash_das_sharma 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for an intangible item then no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.