Help me please

Ruaha___
New Community Member
I didn’t have enough in my bank account when I bought an item and PayPal took out the money anyways then refunded the money a day later when I didn’t have enough money ,then that day I transferred money over from my other acc to pay for the item when I went on my paypal account it said I was in debt so I added the exact amount into my wallet to pay off the item/debt and then two days they took out the money again and pretty much they took out the money twice... sort of
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Ruaha___,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community forum! 

In general, once you pay using your bank account, we do not charge the amount immediately but at a later stage, more or less 5-7 days after the date of the transaction. If you do not have enough balance on your bank account at the time of the charge, we would try to debit a secondary funding source. This may cause a negative balance. Please note that, even if you are not charged, the seller still receives the amount immediately. 

If you paid again for the item using a different payment method and not your PayPal account, please reach out to the seller and ask for a refund. If instead, you simply topped up your PayPal balance, this would mean that you were not charged twice. 

For more specific information, please reach out to our Customer Service over the phone. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.