Help me - I don't know what to do

JH2048
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm new to PayPal so i don't know how this works, I recently bought a product using PayPal using my bank account as a funding source, a few days later, I checked my banking app and it hasn't been deducted yet and then i received this email 

Here's the email:

"Dear [My Name],

Your bank has let us know that you can’t use your bank account ending in **** to fund PayPal payments. If you already have a card linked to your PayPal account, we’ll use it to fund your future payments.

"How to make future payments with PayPal"

If you don’t already have another bank or card linked to your PayPal account, you need to add one to fund your future payments. To link a card or bank, log in to your PayPal account"

Will PayPal use my debit card as a funding source? If so, when? Because i bought the product and the seller said he's paid but my bank balance has yet to be deducted.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JH2048 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.
If you haven't verified your bank account or there are not enough funds etc then paypal will try your back up funding source of a debit or credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JH2048
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass 

Thank for taking the time to answer my question, before i made the payment my bank account was already verified, to receive an email like this gave me a shock.

since my bank account doesn't work, will it deduct the balance from my debit card? I heard payments via debit card is instant so why isin't my balance deducted yet?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JH2048 

Is the payment to the seller cancelled OR showing as paid OR pending/unclaimed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.