Help! My money is on hold!

GraceCal
New Community Member
So I’ve been selling clothes on Depop to people in the United Kingdom, and I still haven’t got my money in my account since early January and it’s now mid Feb. I don’t have any of the tracking numbers for the items (6 items) that I have posted because I didn’t think to save them on here as I am new to PayPal, because I think that might be my problem that I can’t update the shipping but like surely not. What do I do to receive my cashhh anyone? I have only just realised this now after looking in my account that it’s not been received haha help! 🙂
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GraceCal 

These holds last 21 days for each transaction if tracking number is not provided and you do not mark the order as shipped and if applicable, the buyer does not confirm receipt.

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status: Shipped without tracking number.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GraceCal
New Community Member
Thank you for your reply, I forgot to mention that I have looked on the help comments and I have already updated all my tracking information as “sent” with “no tracking number” and it says I will get my money within 1 working day, j did this a few weeks ago now and I’ve only just noticed that it’s not actually worked? Do the customers have to actually log onto their PayPal account and mark it as received in order for me to actually get my money, sounds like a big faff and it was nearly 2 months ago since the first shipping! 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.