Held payments - what is going on?

Sophia24
Contributor
Contributor

Morning! Just wondered if anyone is having problems with payments being held by Paypal? I bought an Ebay product last week and collected it on Tuesday (12th). I was then told by my Ebay Seller that my payment for his product was being withheld. According to the Paypal FAQs I should receive a notification from them and be able to see that my payment was being held in my statement/transaction information in my account, however this has not been the case. Has anyone had this happen to them, how did you sort it out? My seller is currently without a product and a payment???? How long did it take for the payment to go through? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sophia24 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers subject to the new seller hold.

They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days. However as you collected the item then they will have to wait 21 days for it to be released, they should really have not accepted paypal for an item collected but cash on collection if they wanted their payment faster.

Send them this link.
Ebay Sales.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sophia24 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers subject to the new seller hold.

They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days. However as you collected the item then they will have to wait 21 days for it to be released, they should really have not accepted paypal for an item collected but cash on collection if they wanted their payment faster.

Send them this link.
Ebay Sales.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sophia24
Contributor
Contributor

OMG, a response that makes sense! Thank you so much 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.