Have I been scammed?

Anna189
Contributor
Contributor

I’m worried that I’ve been scammed today. I’ve had my phone up for sale on Gumtree and a lady messaged me asking if she could pay via PayPal. I agreed and gave her my email. Later on I’ve received emails in my spam folder asking for a tracking info but still hadn’t received my money on PayPal. I’ve provided the tracking number and send the item out but no money since. Any advice would be great? As I am tempted to go to the address tomorrow and get my package back.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

HardWorkingTom
Contributor
Contributor

There seem to be countless scams associated with PayPal?

Im on the buyers end and never received merchandise and they just summarily dismissed my Resolution Claim with NO GROUNDS.

Personally, I think they are SO FAT on all this COVID spending that they are pocketing and being complicit with numerous buyers/sellers scams and are the middleman pocketing the monies for self gain. It is time for a CLASS ACTION because their policies utilizing our monies are atrocious.

Login to Me Too

Anna189
Contributor
Contributor
It just makes me sick thinking that there is so many people out there like that. I’m up early to go and get my package back from the mail man. 3:30 minutes drive. I got the address, so I know where it’s going.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.