HELP! MISTAKENLY WITHDRAWN MONEY USING MY DEBIT CARD NO INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER

pearldg
Contributor
Contributor

HELP! I have been reaching out to Paypal now for weeks!!! I've made the mistake of withdrawing the money to my bank account with the card number instead of the actual account number. It was debited on my Paypal account and Paypal marked the transaction as completed BUT since it was the wrong number and no account exists with that number (should be a 12-digit account number. I entered 16), shouldn't the transaction get reversed? I called my bank and they did not receive the transaction or whatsoever. I tried asking Paypal for help and they said it should be reversed by December 6. The transaction happened on November 11 and 12 (two transactions) and it's already been a month and I couldn't even open a case to report the issue! It always says "error"! Please, I need help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pearldg 

Contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pearldg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Thanks for responding. I already talked to their Customer Service agent and they said they'll open a case for me but my local bank kept saying they haven't received anything yet on their end. I don't know what to do. It's been more than a month already!! 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.