Glitch in Paypal

KV123
Contributor
Contributor

I can't send money to my sister but only as a service transaction because Paypal will not give me the option.  I tried on my phone and it said that there was an error, so I tried again and there was an error.  My sister recieved the money twice on her end.  When I called and talked to PayPal customer service they said that on their end there is no problem.  I tried to explain that on my end there is a problem and this needs to be fixed or someone looked into it.  I was on the phone and on my Paypal account (on the computer this time) trying to make the transaction with the option to SEND TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS, but the option was not available only as a service transaction that will deduct a fee of $6.10 from money sent.  Ken, one of the supervisor took up much of my time with no result said that he will refer my situation to the engineering team who "does not take calls", so I asked how will they know in detail about my technical issue, "will engineering call me back?" I asked, the answer was "NO".   So if you can't help resolve my problem, then that says Paypal is not reliable-- that is a big problem!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KV123 

Were you able to send friends and family payments before? Because sending as friends and family is not available for all countries and you did not indicate your country when posting a new topic.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KV123
Contributor
Contributor

My transaction is in USA.

I checked to see if the glitch still exists-- and it is.   When I tried to click "CHANGE" to change the transaction to "family and friends" for my transaction, I still am not able to for this particular family-- whom I have been able to send money to in the past.   When I click on CHANGE, this is the message it gives me. "Buying something? You could get a full refund if an eligible item gets lost or damaged. Purchase Protection is free for you, the seller pays a fee", so If I want to send my sister money then I have no choice but to click next, which then charges me a fee.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.