Getting this error - Sorry something's not right, please try again later.

ishtmeet
Contributor
Contributor

While trying to withdraw from my paypal balance, I am getting an error - Sorry something's not right. Please try again later.

I opened the network tab and the response received is - 

{
  "error":"RISK_DENIED",
  "result":{
    "name":"RISK_DENIED",
    "details":[{
      "field":"none",
      "code":"40047",
      "issue":"Withdraw Funds Error"
   }],
    "message":"Request denied by risk",
    "information_link":"<a href="https://transferserv-vip.live11.dcg12.slc.paypalinc.com:33915/docs/wallet/reference/api/#RISK_DENIED" target="_blank">https://transferserv-vip.live11.dcg12.slc.paypalinc.com:33915/docs/wallet/reference/api/#RISK_DENIED...>",
    "debug_id":"a748a1ba47fc3"
}
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @ishtmeet,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble withdrawing your funds. At what point in the process do you encounter this error? Please provide any information you can so that the community can help. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

CJ_BLU
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_AshleyM After selecting the amount to transfer and clicking next.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @CJ_BLU,

Thanks for those details! First step I would advise would be to clear your cache and cookies, ensure your browser is up-to-date, and to try a different browser and/or device. If this doesn't resolve the issue, this may be a website problem, so we'll need a screenshot or any other details you can provide. Please ensure that if you provide a screenshot, you blur or block out any personal information (including last four of account numbers or your name), as this is against our community guidelines. Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

CJ_BLU
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_AshleyM Theres no other details than that. Step by step; You click transfer funds, then select the account to transfer to, enter the amount you want to transfer, hit next, then the error comes up. I've done all the other stuff. Used my phone app and the website on the computer, but still the same thing. Where do I send the screen shot to? And is this a screen shot of the error code?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CJ_BLU,

I'm sorry that you're encountering an error when withdrawing. Please visit https://www.paypal-support.com and log in, then click Contact Us to open a ticket to our technicians. 

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JBeaumier
New Community Member

I have been trying to withdraw money from my account for a week now and keep getting the same error code,   I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with several supervisors and the answers I got were ...

For some reason the algorithm is not letting your withdraw go through,  we can't tell you why because we don't know and don't speak to the people who do.   And on top of that we will not tell you why as it is a proprietary secret.   I was told not to try to withdraw my money for another 48 hours and if at that time it does not work,  do not try again for another 72 hours and that there is no actual guarantee that I am allowed to have the money that I have had deposited into paypal at all.    

I am at my wits end,   these conversations I have had with your phone agents are beyond absurd and I am not sure what to do at this point,   please help. 

Login to Me Too

CJ_BLU
Contributor
Contributor
@JBeaumier Don't waste your time calling them. They gave me some stupid excuse saying my account was locked for y security and I had to wait 24 to 48 hours. I waited 72 and it still did the same thing. If you're using the app to try and transfer or access your money, don't. Use the web browser only. After a week of waiting, it finally let me access my money. Only from the web browser though, not the app. It verified it for 24 hrs first, but they didn't charge the fee and it finally transferred to my accounts. The app still gave the error code, so I transferred my entire balance. Didn't wanna leave this with no resolution results cuz I found someone with the same issue but they never said how or if the issue got resolved. So, here you have.
Login to Me Too

CJ_BLU
Contributor
Contributor
@JBeaumier Unfortunately, I don't know why or how it finally let me do it. I has used the web browser before and it gave the same error, but after a week it just worked. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful. I can't stand someone or something messing with my money. I was beyond **bleep** with paypal. Heard cash app customers are having some issues, too. Won't ever use paypal to send or receive money EVER again. My advice, if you have a regular bank account (Bank of America, Chase, etc.) use ZELLE.
Login to Me Too

Vkm429
New Community Member
I agree with OP. Use Zelle or something else. I have lost my first big deal because of all of this nonsense.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.