Getting loop around trying to add new bank account.

yvr4ever
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been a PayPal user since 2000. My account is linked with Bank of America, and for reasons I won’t go into, cancelled that account. So now I’m trying to link my new bank with PayPal and it’s just frustrating. BMO Harris is listed as one of the banks. I go through the process of signing into my bank, sign-in page of BMO Harris, all the way to seeing that it’s linking up to my bank. Then PayPal asks for a PIN. verification. But it won’t use my existing phone number on file which can receive PIN verification no problem, but asks for a number. So I put my number in. But then the exclamation mark comes on and says that this number is not accepted. So I put in another number. Nope. I run around the house asking for family’s cell phones and funnily enough...everyone’s numbers are not accepted by PayPal.. So I write into Customer Service and they answer so slow, and in point form. I swear they don’t know what thing. Imagine how shocked I was when the agent says, oh your bank isn’t accepted. Please add another . What? That’s the only bank account I have. If the bank isn’t accepted why did it go all the way to PIN verification.. and my question to PayPal CS was why it won’t accept current phone . Not why my bank isn’t approved.

Does anyone here use BMO Harris Bank?

Update.. managed to get a callback from PayPal. Wow. An actual human being! She said she can see my info so she manually added the approval (after PP sent me a verification code of course to my phone number on file). Yay. All resolved now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.