Getting Money Off Hold When PayPal Help Center Won't Help

NovaNole
New Community Member

So, I totally **bleep** up setting up my account - linked to my debit card instead of bank account for a personal account.  Luddite / ADHD mistake.  I received payment from my neighbor for work done on our respective property trees.  I hired the contractor and paid the whole amount with the deal my neighbor would pay me his share via PayPal.  I sent a payment request with my **bleep** up set up, and he paid right away.  Money on hold because PayPal thinks I sold him something or provided goods and services.  The "Resolution Center" is anything but.  I asked about returning the payment, then I could do it right.  No answer.  I asked if they could do something to help me get it off hold, and I was instructed to provide forms (Forms?) showing that goods or services had been provided.  Any ideas on how to get the money off hold.  I think I'll then just quit and go to Venmo..... Thanks.  Please forgive the frustration that may be implied in this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NovaNole 

Please read this help doc first:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payment(s)-on-hold-faq3743

Note: You can access the order status menu by clicking the transaction and then the Add Tracking button.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NovaNole 

Please read this help doc first:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-release-my-payment(s)-on-hold-faq3743

Note: You can access the order status menu by clicking the transaction and then the Add Tracking button.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.