GDPR Request

stephenamccann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Does anybody have the contact information for the Paypal legal department? Long story short, my IBAN is linked to an account that is not my own, preventing me from linking the IBAN to my own account. The customer service team have been timely with their responses but the processes I am being asked to follow are unhelpful.

I need this removed ASAP and has been ongoing for a month total (though only revisited last week since before Christmas). I am tired of explaining the issue to the customer service team.

This issue prevented me from withdrawing money from my Paypal account, however, there was no issue spending elsewhere which I find bizarre. Security reasons do not let me withdraw my money but allow me to spend? If it was fraud, how is this secure?

Thank you,

Stephen

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @stephenamccann,

I'm sorry to hear that your IBAN cannot be added to your PayPal account because it has been used on another account, and that the response that you've received from customer service has not resolved the situation. Typically, it should be possible to request and review information that allows us to remove the information where it is listed and permit it to be added on your current account. I realize that you are frustrated at miscommunication thus far, but I would recommend trying again, perhaps with a different method of contacting customer service. If you were working with the email team, perhaps try communication by phone, or vice versa. There are also social media options, via Twitter and Facebook.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

stephenamccann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for the comment. Unfortunately, I cannot phone. I have moved abroad and cannot afford to be placed on hold for a significant amount of time before having to go through the motions with the team. I have made the team aware of this on the other platforms of communication. 

I have contacted the team via facebook (no response after the AI bot sent me a message on repeat), I have contacted the team on Twitter who asked for my IBAN before advising me that they were unable to action my request. Why ask for my IBAN then? They have insisted I phone which I insist I cannot do.

I have contacted the team on the messaging centre here. Again, I am told to phone. I ask why is a phone more secure (when I have to log in with a password here) and what can be obtained over the phone that cannot be obtained through the messaging centre. I have shared my proof of identity as instructed. What more is required? 

GDPR says that, upon request, my personal information has to be removed. Not only am I asking you to remove my information, I am advising that you have it incorrectly linked to another account! This is either fraud or an account that I have no access to any longer (and haven't had access to for some years). 

I am asking that you provide contact details for your legal department so that I can make them aware that they are non-compliant with my GDPR request. Paypals unwillingness to assist a customer is baffling and the overall incompetence on display (processes, not people) is laughable. 

Again, as I have done through numerous platforms, I am requesting that you share contact information for your legal department. I am tired of going through the appropriate channels with no success and am looking to escalate.

My final comment, to advise you of the ineptitude that started this chain of event. Money was deposited into my account by a friend. I was unable to withdraw this as, for some reason, I had to call to verify my card (even though I withdrew on this card fine before). Again, I cannot phone. And when I tried to link my IBAN, this whole mess started because you have linked it to another account, won't tell me the account and won't remove. So, your ridiculous security prevented me from withdrawing my own money but had no issue me spending elsewhere. How sensible is that for security?

I am begging you at this point to listen to the above and put me in touch with the legal team since that seems to be the best way forward to fix your mistake. 

Thank you,

Stephen 

Login to Me Too

stephenamccann
Contributor
Contributor

No response or willingness from Paypal to fix their own issue. 

This is typical Paypal competence. 

Regards,

Stephen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.