Funds on hold

Pjgee123
Contributor
Contributor
My funds are currently being held apparently for one or several reasons that pertain to selling an item to a customer and they need verification that the buyer receives their purchase. Unfortunately I do not sell anything and I requested funds from my mom and she sent me money. How do I get access to the funds sooner ideally in the next day. She has sent money before and it was available instantly. Thanks Pat
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pjgee123 

Depends how the payment was sent, if she did NOT use the friends / family option OR pay a paypal.me personal link then it would have been a goods / services payment...so paypal would apply the new seller hold.

A 'money request' is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
An 'invoice' is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
'Send money > goods/services' is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.
A 'business account paypal.me' is not a friends/family payment its a goods/services payment.

A 'send money > friends/family payment is a friends/family payment.
A 'paypal.me personal account' is a friends/family payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pjgee123
Contributor
Contributor
So how do I know if my paypal is business or personal? And also, how come the funds didnt get held the previous time?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pjgee123 

It doesn't matter what type of paypal account you have as its still down to how the payment was sent UNLESS it was a paypal.me link.

And if it was ok the first time then odds are she sent using the friends / family option?

If thats not the case then sometimes the 'new seller hold' doesn't get applied until the second or third transactions when its picked up as a 'sale' at that time and then applied for future transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.