Funds in negative

hello82
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had a transaction that bounced back and my account as a result was in negative balance. I transferred money from my bank account straight away (5 days ago) but it is still showing as pending, my PayPal balance is still negative, and yet the money has been taken out of my bank account twice! Can anyone help? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello82

When a payment is not fulfilled with a Instant Transfer, PayPal will attempt to withdraw funds 2 more times and/or use your back up (credit card) on the third try. All you needed to do was add funds to your bank account. You didn't need to add funds to your balance to cover the neg because the Instant Transfer transaction (getting funds from your bank) will still proceed as it is automated and cannot be stopped.

Since the bank was able to transfer funds when you have funds in the bank, it takes a few days for funds to reach PayPal and is showing as pending now. When the payments complete, you can locate the duplicates (if any) and click it and click "report a problem". Eventually the extra withdrawals should end up in your PayPal balance then you can withdraw back to your bank account again. You may need to call customer service to sort it out because I don't envision seeing multiple transactions in your activity page for each request attempt PayPal made to get paid from your bank.

Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello82

When a payment is not fulfilled with a Instant Transfer, PayPal will attempt to withdraw funds 2 more times and/or use your back up (credit card) on the third try. All you needed to do was add funds to your bank account. You didn't need to add funds to your balance to cover the neg because the Instant Transfer transaction (getting funds from your bank) will still proceed as it is automated and cannot be stopped.

Since the bank was able to transfer funds when you have funds in the bank, it takes a few days for funds to reach PayPal and is showing as pending now. When the payments complete, you can locate the duplicates (if any) and click it and click "report a problem". Eventually the extra withdrawals should end up in your PayPal balance then you can withdraw back to your bank account again. You may need to call customer service to sort it out because I don't envision seeing multiple transactions in your activity page for each request attempt PayPal made to get paid from your bank.

Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hello82
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, that makes sense.
Thank you so much for clarifying and taking the time to reply.

Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.