Funds hold

MariamAllison
Contributor
Contributor
Hello please does anyone have an idea how I can physically sue paypal because the want to hold my money for 6months!! That's pure daylight robbery
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MariamAllison 

Don't think you will have a lot of luck as you agreed to abide by their user agreement when you opened your account and sadly you must have not done so in some way if they have banned you.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MariamAllison
Contributor
Contributor
Yh but I can't open a dispute because I didn't buy anything. I provided all the documents they say I should provide and then I got a message that I can use my account and the hold have been lifted. Only for me to try and move my money and it was permanently blocked. I really need to sue them because the money in there is for my tuition!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MariamAllison 

Where in my post did i tell you to open a dispute??

Try reading what i wrote.

Especially the last 2 lines. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.