Funds On Hold

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve recieved an amount of money to my new PayPal account. I understand that my money has been put on hold as my account is new and I need to have a good account history before I can access my money. Is there a way I can speed up this process? My PayPal account isn’t used for EBay. Is it possible that the person who sent me money can contact PayPal to request the funds to be released quicker? Any help would be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Yes the money was sent as a gift, nothing was sold. The money was sent in USD and I was able to exchange it to GBP through PayPal. The money is on hold because my PayPal account is fairly new, I just want to see if there is an alternative way to speed up this process.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your sender chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold.

2. If your sender had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try getting your sender to call customer services and authorise them to release the payment sooner as it was sent the wrong way?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass So if they choose the family/friends option, I would receive the money instantly, regardless if my PayPal account is new or not?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Yep. Occasionally you get a 24 hour security review for friends / family payments but that is because paypal check to make sure someone is not selling and using that option to receive payments as that would be against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Ok that is good to know. I’ll contact the sender and let them know about this. Thank you for your help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.