Funds On Hold

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve recieved an amount of money to my new PayPal account. I understand that my money has been put on hold as my account is new and I need to have a good account history before I can access my money. Is there a way I can speed up this process? My PayPal account isn’t used for EBay. Is it possible that the person who sent me money can contact PayPal to request the funds to be released quicker? Any help would be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If your sender chose the send money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold.

2. If your sender had chosen the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly.

You could try getting your sender to call customer services and authorise them to release the payment sooner as it was sent the wrong way?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Sorry about that. I’m in the UK, England. My account is a personal account. The money was sent from overseas.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Are the funds actually SHOWING in your paypal account balance but have pending by them?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass When I look at my PayPal account in the app, the funds show separate to my PayPal balance, as ‘On Hold’ and when I click onto that it then shows my available balance with the funds I want to access underneath as pending.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I understand that. My original post mentions that my account isn’t used for EBay/selling. I asked if there was any other way to have this process sped up.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

Which is why I didn't post the Ebay hold policy but posted Paypals separate hold policy for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chelsea31
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass That article onlys mentions using tracking information or having a buyer confirm delivery has been made. My previous comment mentioned my PayPal isn’t used for selling.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chelsea31

ok then i am a bit confused.

Was it a 'gift' payment and you did not sell anything at all?

If so what country was the sender in?

Did they send in your currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.