Funding source invalid

Diaburo
New Community Member

I tried adding my bank account put it keeps saying that the 'Funding source is invalid'

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diaburo

Is it a UK bank?

Is it a physical and not virtual bank?

Is it linked to another paypal account?

Does your bank account name and paypal account name match?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DAD_FalleN
New Community Member
Mine is a UK bank and it’s a physical bank. I have tried to make another account with the same bank and credit card but it says it can’t process the request. Really annoying as I am trying to withdraw the money to my bank.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DAD_FalleN 

Was your previous account limited?

Did you remove your bank account / card from your previous bank account?

Was your previous account closed?

Does the name on your bank account match the name on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nick118
New Community Member
Did you get it sorted? I am having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Sal_sarah
Contributor
Contributor
Having same problems here did you find out how or why
Login to Me Too

Jess105
New Community Member
Whatever the hell this is PAYPAL! you wanna sort your **bleep**e out! I’m a skint mother who got done over by someone dishonest and I cannot claim my refund! Any idea how frustrating it is to have money you cannot access when you don’t have any! I’ve been with you over ten years never once had this problem there’s nothing wrong with anything my end it’s yous! 🤬🤬🤬
Login to Me Too

MajinTc

Why would paypal take money out of their pocket because youre an idiot, theyre a private company they can do as they please

Login to Me Too

Sal_sarah
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Just sold a lot of items on ebay to pay towards our holiday and now can't get the money 😭
Login to Me Too

Sal_sarah
Contributor
Contributor
I found a solution rather than a fix. Do a send money to friends or family ie son,daughter,partner or even friends or a neighbour. Pay into there account and get then to transfer it to you via banking app. Its an alternative if you want or need your money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.