Friend didn't receive money

melissa6980
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I send money to a friend in the US. (I'm also in the US). She didn't receive the money however it has been taken out of my bank account. I guess she has no Paypal account, but it says "Money Sent". The question is sent to where? Paypal closed my case because they decided it was consistent with my use. Well, the problem isn't whether it is consistent with my use. The problem is that my money didn't go anywhere but it did leave my account. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@melissa6980 

If its 'sent' then it would have been a friends / family payment that has completed through to the paypal account linked to the email address you sent it to.

So if your friend says they have not received it then either your friends is fibbing (not saying they are but its an option) OR you made a mistake with the email address ie spelling mistake or error and its gone through to that mis-spelled email address that is correct to another person.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

melissa6980
Contributor
Contributor

They don't have a Paypal account. The email address is definitely right. How would the money get into their bank account if they have no Paypal account? How would Paypal know which bank account to put it in? They don't have a Paypal account to be able to connect their bank account to their email address with Paypal.  Which still brings up the question...where did the money I sent go since there isn't a way for Paypal to know where to put it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@melissa6980 

If they didn't have a paypal account then the funds would not have shown as 'sent', it would have showed as 'unclaimed'.

Funds don't go into a bank account, they go into a users paypal account 'balance' and then that person can withdraw those funds to any linked funding source when they want to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.