Fraud

Dezmond34
Contributor
Contributor
Dealing with a fraud buyer I sent an item with my money still pending. I’ve been getting emails saying it will take days because of system delays and still have yet to receive my money. What do I do? And yes they received the item.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dezmond34 

Is payment Pending as in you received payment but PayPal put a hold on it, you should still see a record of payment in such cases.

Or, you don't see a record of payment at all but you were sent an email saying payment was sent, which is probably a spoof email.

If you do not see a record of payment, you have not been paid so this is a law enforcement matter to recover your item. Nothing PayPal can do if no payment was ever sent. Contact your police dept to report the fraud and forward it to the local PD of the ship to address. They'll get a knock on the door.

PayPal does not hide payments asking you to ship and provide tracking info first though email. You must have a record of payment to provide the tracking number to PayPal and customer. If someone really paid, then you should see payment fairly instantly. If not, then something is wrong and you should not ship.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.