Fraud in china

Grammy6
Contributor
Contributor

How is it fair to order something that I paid $26.98 US for, get a $2 item, I put in a claim, but PayPal says I have to send back item with tracking number. Tracking number costs over $50!! Of course the seller knows this so he gets to keep my money?! I’m **bleep**!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Grammy6 

It's fair. Can't have both the money and the goods. This is how PayPal resolves it if you and the seller can't. PayPal ruled in your favor and makes seller accept return. 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

To avoid this problem, stop buying from chinese sites pretending not to be. If you shop around long enough, and be observant, you can tell these sites from a mile away. Or do research on the merchant before buying.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Shaun4477
Contributor
Contributor

It can hardly be fair, I'm in the same situation, ordered and paid for one thing, received another, claim is accepted on the condition that I return the item by courier within 7 days despite it took 3 weeks to arrive and cost of courier back to China is more than the claim.

The Company is still offering the same and similar scams under various names, some obvious and some not, however Paypal are complicit in this scam in my eyes as they have been made aware and done nothing about it so I think it's time to close my account. 

Login to Me Too

Grammy6
Contributor
Contributor
They don’t seem to be helping me either 🙁
Login to Me Too

Grammy6
Contributor
Contributor
It would be fair if they just knocked of the $2 for the item I received. Not the over $37 CAN that I paid
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.