Fraud/Scammed

KenyetaK
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I was scammed this morning. I made a purchase and now Paypal is saying they don't see a purchase made on my account. I have a receipt from Paypal, and my Bank statement. How do I file a dispute or stop payment with Paypay? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @KenyetaK, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Please visit the link below as I am sure this will help. https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/FAQ2422 I hope this helps. If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving Kudos or accepting it as a Solution. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KenyetaK,

I'm sorry to hear that you believe that you've been scammed. If you do not see the transaction on your PayPal account, that would mean that you made the purchase with a Guest payment. Checking out as a guest means that you enter your card information at the time of the transaction and do not log in to your PayPal account. This means that you will not see the transaction in your PayPal account and the instructions @millieagz gave will not apply in this situation. Additionally, any unauthorized disputes opened on transactions that were made with your knowledge would be closed. Sorry for the confusion!

Please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to review your contact options to get in touch with a representative who can take a look and see if there are any options available for dispute. For full protection with future payments, please log in to your PayPal account when purchasing.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.