Forname problem

Luc0001
Contributor
Contributor

hello, I sent money to my girlfriend but they refuse to pay her cause I only noted down her first forname and not the 2 fornames she has. As I added the app for the first time on my phone, my phone didn t showed my her 2 fornames, which my laptop does. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, when you send money, you're not requested to add the full name of the receiver. You can simply search the receiver using the email address linked to their PayPal account, or their phone number. If the amount has been sent but it's showing as 'Pending' on your side, it could be that the money was sent to an incorrect email address, or that the amount needs to be manually claimed by the receiver. 

If the amount is showing as 'Pending' on the receiver side, it may be that the money was sent as 'Goods and Services' instead of 'Friends and Family'. In that case, money can be held for up to 21 days. If that is the case, for the future, I would recommend using the Friends and Family option. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.