Foreigner linking korean bank account to PayPal with ARC number.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

How do I link a NongHyup bank account in my name to paypal when i only have a Alien Registration Card number and not a National ID #?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

It doesn't ask for any ID to link a bank:

https://www.paypal.com/kr/webapps/mpp/paypal-get-started?locale.x=en_KR

Just that the name on PayPal account has to match bank account name. (click step 2)

It's when PayPal wants to verify your identity which is different from linking a bank, it may ask has for copy of your ARC as proof of ID.

https://www.paypal.com/kr/webapps/mpp/account-limitations?locale.x=en_KR

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Si29
New Community Member

I have the same problem , and the PayPal is asking me for my National ID, which , as a foreigner, I don't have. I only have an ARC. I tried linking my card, but its not letting me confirm my card. A lot of my money is stuck in PayPal. please help!!!

Login to Me Too

azretkenzhaliev
New Community Member

Did you resolve this issue anyhow? Can you advice me please?

Login to Me Too

JoRak
Contributor
Contributor
I think we have to add our middle names to our PayPal accounts. I’m going through the process of changing my name and hopefully that will work. I’ll keep you updated.
Login to Me Too

hubaphu
New Community Member

I lived in some countries but I had no problem with personal information until I came to Korea. In Korea, I got many troubles with the unmatched information in the bank account, phone account,... It made me crazy and I can see the process in Korea is very stupid. Some of their application has a limit of 10 characters in some text. It is enough for Korean names but not for foreigners. When they inputted the information into the application, they must cut off some characters and it created many troubles. The stupid process here is one of the reasons I don't like to live in Korea anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.