Foreign currencies

ajaxx21
Contributor
Contributor
Good morning. I was wondering if you could be is assistance? I’ve been receiving money in US dollars mostly and as a new seller still have some pending payments which are set to be available in a week. As of yesterday I have added Euros and since been accepting payments in Euros and made a few sales. My question is since USD is my primary currency will those Euros automatically be converted to $ when they’re available or will it reflect on my € balance as I’ve added a few foreign currencies to my account. If I were to make € my primary would the same happen for the pending $ balance? Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajaxx21 

No, those Euros will not automatically be converted to US$ if you hold a EUR foreign currency balance.

The primary currency (USD) is your default currency which is the currency for sending and requesting money. You can change this to any currency you are holding or have a currency balance for prior to sending/spending or requesting money/invoicing.

When receiving multiple foreign currencies, you open foreign currency balances within your PayPal balance to accept them, like you have and PayPal will automatically put USD payments, in USD currency balance and put payments in the currency balance, AUD payments in AUD currency balance and so on, to hold the money in those currencies.

You can convert some USD currency to EUR currency to put in your EUR balance, or any other foreign currency balance and vice versa.

It's only when you withdrawal to bank that PayPal converts it to South African Rand.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajaxx21 

No, those Euros will not automatically be converted to US$ if you hold a EUR foreign currency balance.

The primary currency (USD) is your default currency which is the currency for sending and requesting money. You can change this to any currency you are holding or have a currency balance for prior to sending/spending or requesting money/invoicing.

When receiving multiple foreign currencies, you open foreign currency balances within your PayPal balance to accept them, like you have and PayPal will automatically put USD payments, in USD currency balance and put payments in the currency balance, AUD payments in AUD currency balance and so on, to hold the money in those currencies.

You can convert some USD currency to EUR currency to put in your EUR balance, or any other foreign currency balance and vice versa.

It's only when you withdrawal to bank that PayPal converts it to South African Rand.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.