Forced to add creditcard

AngryWalnut
Contributor
Contributor

So im having a problem with paypal since a few days, i have always paid with my paypal account using my verified bank account attached to it, this always just went great but since a few days (3-4 days) every time i try to buy something on for example steam paypal forces me to add a credit card, i have no idea why since i have enough balance.

btw i live in the netherlands.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AngryWalnut

You can use funds in your paypal balance 'as long as' they are in the correct currency and not pending.

BUT for some transactions ie digital / virtual or higher risk AND at 'some point' anyway Paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AngryWalnut
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Oh well that kinda sucks then lol, I literary made a paypal account because i don't have a credit card, and the weird thing is i already verified my account with my bank account and never had this problem before. 

Login to Me Too

rdegraaf82
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem since this week. And I don't have a creditcard either.
How is it possible I am not able to make any payments when my bank account has more than enough balance to cover all the costs.

I am from the Netherlands too btw. And I am trying to buy stuff in the Netherlands. Same currencies.
Dont think it has to do with the place we come from right?

Login to Me Too

efeleeman
Contributor
Contributor

same here; i verified my account and my debitcard. made a purchase but now paypal wants me to add a creditcard.

seeing as i dont own a creditcard. what should i do? can i add my boyfriends creditcard?

or does this mean i will have to quit paypal?

because if i have to add a creditcard why use paypal? kinda defeats the purpose.

Login to Me Too

wateenkutsite
Contributor
Contributor
Same bs i am having too, I verified also my bank account. But then I get forced to put a creditcard on the account. So i used my brother his cc. Because i dont have one. My brother then did a chargeback. Seeing as paypal customer support is nonexistent. I get an email to please resolve the matter eg pay up. I replied, and wrote use my verified bank account. a week later the response was that they closed my account. Lol, really, there is no1 working at paypal. its all automated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.