Fix Your Withdrawal System PayPal UK

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

As disgustingly despicable as it is, holding withdrawals for 72 hours over and over again, despite advertising instant withdrawals and your withdrawal screen estimating 2 hours, it is now unbelievably incomprehensible that your withdrawal pool, full of millions of pending transactions, is presently stuck and no one's held withdrawals are being put through as completed.

I have asked my friends over at ***** forum and over 120 people have confirmed that their held withdrawal has exceeded the 72 hour mark and has not been completed to date, over 94 hours later.  They have also contacted your support line and it has been confirmed by them that there is an existing issue since last Thursday.

You boast state-of-the-art fraud systems and come across as a fluid payment processing provider, yet since last Thursday your so-called technical team are still struggling to find a solution to the problem and people, some of which rely on their funds for living expenses, are having to wait even longer than the normal immoral wait for their cash. It is a right, not a privilege, to be credited the funds that they have lawfully earned through selling or receiving payments. Who the hell are you to decide who gets their money and when? You have a responsibility, both morally and as a business, to deliver on what you advertise.

I understand that PayPal need to occasionally, and I say occasionally very loosely, hold a withdrawal when there is a hint of fraudulent activity or money laundering, but new PayPal customers, by personal experience and online research, are always going to face at-least 4-8 of their first withdrawals on a hold of some sort, between 24 and 72 hours, so you should be advertising that instant withdrawals are a feature reserved for established accounts and on your withdrawal screen, clearly state, before a customer presses submit, that their withdrawal will be held, as pre-determined by the system. You are starting to **** a lot of people, first with the Tommy Robinson case and now this.

Sort out your system for the millions of people waiting for their money at the moment, change it to only hold withdrawals when you need to, for security and not to be a pain in the backside by, for no reason at all other than being a new customer, holding 4-8 times before you show any sign of instant processing and make an apology to the families you may have deprived of living expenses over 94 hours after they asked for their money.

You are a disgrace PayPal and I can only hope that a competitor with the same features come along and we can abandon ship. It seems BBC Watchdog all those years ago about your controversial withdrawal process did not make a difference. Shame on you all who work there.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Az2089
Contributor
Contributor
Great post and another customer here who has been waiting for 4 days now for a withdrawal. I am seriously considering legal action as this affects my cashflow.
Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Az2089 wrote:
Great post and another customer here who has been waiting for 4 days now for a withdrawal. I am seriously considering legal action as this affects my cashflow.

Thanks for your message.

They do not seem to care at all. I mean there isn't even a site announcement about it, they are keeping it on the low, but I am posting this to make everyone aware of what they are doing and to exercise caution when withdrawing at the moment, because you may be in for a long wait indeed.

Even an apology + announcement on their support page would be more admirable, but that is too much to ask of them.

Login to Me Too

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Consumer-Watch

your trying to do a withdrawal?

like go to the ATM?

or just have money in your Paypal Balance?

Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@Manny171 wrote:

@Consumer-Watch

your trying to do a withdrawal?

like go to the ATM?

or just have money in your Paypal Balance?

A withdrawal from PayPal balance to bank account.

One of the key features of their service, yet currently a flop.

Login to Me Too

summer336

I did a withdrawal on the 9th, I talked to PayPal and they told me a its a "glitch" in the system, and that it will be fixed within 24 hours. Still nothing since, and it's exceeded to 5 days. They are clearly trying to cover up something. I've called them 6 times today and they've been auto-rejecting calls no matter how many times I try; used a difference device as well.

N******** : You are unable to withdraw because of technical glitch the withdrawal is still pending and the funds have not arrived in the bank. We are trying to get it fixed ASAP.
N******** : I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Summer W******* : When will it get fixed?
N******** : It will be fixed soon.
N******** : As we are working on it.

Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@summer336 wrote:

I did a withdrawal on the 9th, I talked to PayPal and they told me a its a "glitch" in the system, and that it will be fixed within 24 hours. Still nothing since, and it's exceeded to 5 days. They are clearly trying to cover up something. I've called them 6 times today and they've been auto-rejecting calls no matter how many times I try; used a difference device as well.

N******** : You are unable to withdraw because of technical glitch the withdrawal is still pending and the funds have not arrived in the bank. We are trying to get it fixed ASAP.

It is incredible that you have to phone them up to find out, when there should be an alert on their site to inform people that they are being deprived of their earnings for days longer than their User Agreement outlines. They are ironically breaching their own policy of 0-3 working days for transfers.

Even then the agents are reading from a pre-written advisory by some Irishman in an office, who has their comfy salary intact.

Login to Me Too

summer336

@Consumer-Watch wrote:

@summer336 wrote:

It is incredible that you have to phone them up to find out, when there should be an alert on their site to inform people that they are being deprived of their earnings for days longer than their User Agreement outlines. They are ironically breaching their own policy of 0-3 working days for transfers.

Even then the agents are reading from a pre-written advisory by some Irishman in an office, who has their comfy salary intact.

Summer W******* : What is soon? I've been waiting for 4 days.
Summer W******* : And I need my money.
N******** : I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, however our team is working on it will be fixed as soon as possible.
Summer W******* : You've always been holding my funds for 72 hours on every withdrawal? Can you somehow prevent that because I'm trying to withdraw all of my money that I earn legally.
Summer W******* : And can you give me a time at when it'll be fixed.
N******** : I am sorry we don't have such option.
N******** : I understand your frustration however its our technical issues and we are working on it.
Summer W******* : Can you find out when it'll be done.
N******** : I would recommend you to wait for 24 hours.
N******** : If you do not have further questions, please click on "X" button to end our session. Thank you for using PayPal chat support. Have a great day ahead.

----------

I was going to ask something else but she ended the chat without any questions asked, quite disgusting. And they are not picking up any calls either, so right now all I can do is sit in confusion. I even left them an email yesterday and I haven't heard back from that either, as they even guarantee a "24 hour response" time period.

Login to Me Too

Consumer-Watch
Contributor
Contributor

@summer336 wrote:

@Consumer-Watch wrote:

@summer336 wrote:

N******** : I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, however our team is working on it will be fixed as soon as possible.
Summer W******* : You've always been holding my funds for 72 hours on every withdrawal? Can you somehow prevent that because I'm trying to withdraw all of my money that I earn legally.
N******** : I understand your frustration however its our technical issues and we are working on it.
N******** : If you do not have further questions, please click on "X" button to end our session. Thank you for using PayPal chat support. Have a great day ahead.

----------

I was going to ask something else but she ended the chat without any questions asked, quite disgusting. And they are not picking up any calls either, so right now all I can do is sit in confusion. I even left them an email yesterday and I haven't heard back from that either, as they even guarantee a "24 hour response" time period.

I did not know PayPal had a live chat, where can I find it? I want to make mince meat out of them right now. I won't be as polite as you, that is for sure.

Login to Me Too

summer336

@Consumer-Watch wrote:

@summer336 wrote:

@Consumer-Watch wrote:

@summer336 wrote:

----------

I did not know PayPal had a live chat, where can I find it? I want to make mince meat out of them right now. I won't be as polite as you, that is for sure.

They only put up the Live Chat very rarely, I was lucky to get a hold of someone yesterday. You go to Contact Us and it gives you all the different options of contact such as Call Us, Email Us etc, and it appears there sometimes as "Live Chat - Chat to someone". I doubt they would come back on until this issue is resolved since it seems like it is impossible to contact them through anything at the moment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.