First Time paypal user

MrDJack
Contributor
Contributor

good day....i'm using paypal for the first time. I received the funds but I don't own a credit card so I linked my wife's credit card and its not allowing me to transfer the funds. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrDJack 

You can only withdraw to a VISA card in your country.

The billing address on the card has to match the address on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrDJack 

You can only withdraw to a VISA card in your country.

The billing address on the card has to match the address on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MrDJack,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty that you are having with withdrawal. The financial credentials that you add to your account must be your own credentials. I recommend removing your wife's card from your account, as it will be difficult if you are called upon to provide documentation for the card and it does not match your name. The account could become limited and would be unusable. Only a card in your own name should be used with the account.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MrDJack
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Olivia 

So I got through to transfer the funds to the card and withdraw it. However, I encountered another issue where lets say I send 900USD, only 500USD reflected on the card as that's its limit. Now I don't know where the excess 400USD has disappeared...I've contacted the bank and they said it would be sent back to my paypal account but I haven't seen anything returned.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MrDJack,

If they have sent the funds back to your PayPal account, it may take some time to appear. Typically, it is possible to request a trace of a withdrawal after 14 days. You would normally request a trace of a withdrawal from PayPal customer service if the funds were missing following a withdrawal. However, since the bank acknowledges that they received the money, it would be best to request the trace from the starting point of the bank, as that trace will yield the most correct information. I would still wait 14 days from the date that the bank said that they transferred the funds back.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.